The importance of Keyword research
Keywords are the single most important thing for your success on the web! Scientifically found and qualified! Then you have to use them in 8 strategic places on your website and blogs! Without that, you have no hope of getting traffic!
Keyword research is the single most important thing you can do for your website properties. You hear some people say SEO is dead. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. In fact, think about it; every time you go to a search engine and put a word or phrase…. that’s a keyword.
If Google brought back junk for you to look at they wouldn’t be in business very long; would they? Precisely! Those are keywords or phrases that they have associated with web property. The trick is if you just let them figure it out they can grab almost anything. So what we do is scientifically find keywords that you can rank for and thus get in good standing for searches using those keywords.
For a keyword to be a good keyword there are four parameters we look at.
Second, it must have low competition value. Otherwise, the competition for ranking for that keyword would be too stiff. We need to see no more than 150,000 competitive webpages for that keyword or it will just be far too difficult to rank for you.
Third, we look at the “title and anchor” optimization for that keyword. What this means is how many of the 150,000 competitive web pages are actually optimized for that keyword.
That makes a huge difference for Google.
Forth, did anyone purchase anything using that keyword? If you want to sell on your website you don’t want “lookie-loos” and spend time/money to push that kind of keyword out there on your properties.
Now if you already have your site and are fine with your web team; then fine. If they don’t hunt for the right keywords for you then you will not have the traffic that good keyword research can get you. I can find those keywords and hand them over to your team. Plus I can instruct them where to place them in the site to make it “Google friendly” which is one of the main things we do.
Head over and purchase a Keyword Research Module today and in two weeks I can have you that hand full of good, quality, and potentially high traffic keywords for your site
Basically, you will get no traffic or at best you might get someone to accidentally find you.
There are tools for purchase that can help you but a keyword specialist is best to hire. Many talk a good line but unless they can tell you the three “key aspects” of a good keyword… don’t hire them!
- The keyword must be popular. Without people looking for a keyword, you will have no traffic. The rule of thumb is you want if at all possible to have at least 50 searches for that word per day.
- You have to have acceptable competition otherwise you can’t rank for the keyword as the competition is too strong. The rule of thumb here is less than 100,000 website competition.
- If you are selling something then you want to find keywords that also show people have purchased something with that keyword.
- You have to see what websites are in the top 10 slots for a Google search for that keyword. You next have to analyze those websites to see if they are optimized for that keyword in 4 key places. If so, then you need to start searching for another keyword.
Keyword ResearchTakes 30 days
Find popularly searched keywords
Determine acceptable ranking
Determine acceptable competition
The four things to remember are:
- Popularly searched
- Acceptable competition
- Someone purchased using that keyword
- Top 10 slots not optimized